At Lutheran High North, we offer 13 different sports for students in grades 9-12. Our goal is to develop scholar-athletes in body, mind, and spirit who commit to their teams, act with integrity, and compete with sportsmanship, character, and pride. Our teams compete in TAPPS 3A. TAPPS stands for Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools. Both our athletes and fine arts students participate in TAPPS competitions.
- Students must be taking a minimum of five (5) credits to be eligible.
- Students who fail more than one course for a marking period will cause themselves to be ineligible for the next marking period. The student may not practice or play. Even if a student is taking more than five credits he or she may not fail more than once and remain eligible.
- To determine eligibility for the next marking period, 1st term, 2nd term, 1st semester, 4th term and 5th term grades will be used. The 2nd-semester grades will determine eligibility for the 1st term in the fall semester.
- Students failing more than one credit at the end of the second semester may go to summer school. If the failure(s) is/are removed and there is no more than one failure remaining, the student will then be eligible at the start of the fall semester.
- Eligibility for extracurricular sports activities takes effect at 8 am, seven calendar days after the end of each grading period.
2020-21 Student Forms
In order to participate on any athletic team at LHN, students must complete a RankOne profile online and submit a Physical Form to the front office. All forms will be submitted through RankOne except for the Physical Form. Students may not participate until this action is complete. See below for RankOne instructions and the Physical Form. Contact the school office at 713-880-3131 with questions.
If you are a transfer student or international student, please fill out the above forms along with the form(s) below.