At Lutheran High North, we offer 11 different sports for students in grades 9-12. Our goal is to develop scholar-athletes in body, mind, and spirit who commit to their teams, act with integrity, and complete with sportsmanship, character, and pride. Our teams compete in TAPPS 4A. TAPPS stands for Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools. Both our athletes and fine arts students participate in TAPPS competitions.
- Students must be taking a minimum of five (5) credits to be eligible.
- Students who fail more than one course for a marking period will cause themselves to be ineligible for the next marking period. The student may not practice or play. Even if a student is taking more than five credits he or she may not fail more than one and remain eligible.
- To determine eligibility for the next marking period, 1st term, 2nd term, 1st semester, 4th term and 5th term grades will be used. The 2nd semester grades will determine eligibility for the 1st term in the fall semester.
- Students failing more than one credit at the end of the second semester may go to summer school. If the failure(s) is/are removed and there is no more than one failure remaining, the student will then be eligible at the start of the fall semester.
- Eligibility for extracurricular sports activities takes effect at 8 am, seven calendar days after the end of each grading period.
Get the latest in sports updates on Vype! Just click on the logo below.